Votes are being cast for the by-election of Bihar's Jokihat Assembly seat The voters' queues are increasing at polling booths. Polling is happening in peaceful manner between sporadic incidents. By 4 o'clock, 48 percent of the vote is reported.
There are nine candidates in the field with a total of 2.70 lakh voters. There is a battle of prestige between JD (U) and RJD on this by-election seat.
- Before the polling started, the District Magistrate arrived in the District Control Room. They examined the law and the preparations for voting there.
- For the voting, the queue had already taken place in the morning. According to information received from the controller, all the 331 booths started from the time of polling.
- By-election JDU candidate Md. Murshid Alam voted in the first round in the morning. Their polling center was in the middle-class middle school Miyapur.
More News : Under the campaign water body protection SDO will remove the encroachment
- 10 percent of the votes till 9 pm, which reached 18 percent till 10 o'clock.
Due to the good weather, the queue of the voters is increasing on the booths.
- RJD candidate Shahnawaz Alam, who arrived at Sisona's booth number 89, has alleged that the administration is seeking the Aadhaar card even after getting valid papers for voting. It is a conspiracy to reduce the percentage of voting. Shahnawaz made an outcry over this matter. According to him, this whole assembly is being done in the area.
- The boycott of voting has been reported in Chowkawat Panchayat. Voters are not angry with the construction of the bridge.
- Voting workers are resting due to voting boycott of Jokihat polling station number 215, 125k, 216, and 216a
More News : बम विस्फोट मामले में हुए 5 आरोपी दोषी करार , 31 मई तक होगा सज़ा का एलान
Seat was vacant after Sarfaraz's resignation
In March this year, after resigning from JD (U) MLA Sarfaraz Alam's Legislative Assembly and party and elected to Parliament from Araria on RJD ticket, Jokihat assembly seat was vacant. Sarfaraz's father, Moh. Taslimuddin was a RJD MP, who passed away in September last year. Sarfaraj has become an MP on the RJD ticket from the seat vacant after the father's demise.
Elections in the assembly segment so far
Jokihat assembly constituency was formed in 1969. Since then, 14 elections have been held here so far, nine times in which the Taslimuddin family is occupying possession. Five times myself Taslimuddin MLA has been elected, while his son Sarfaraz has also won four times.
This time the candidates are in the fray
RJD has made Shahinawaj, younger son of Abki Taslimuddin as candidate. Murshid Alam is on the ground from JDU. People's Party of Pappu Yadav has trusted Gausul Azam. There are six Independent candidates in the field, including Javed Alam, Prasenjeet Krishna, Masar Alam and Mubeenul Haque. Mohammed Irfan and Shabbir Ahmed.
For ALL Hindi News Visit Us